Friday 13 July 2007

Sort of progress.

Well having dropped the diff onto the floor it has become obvious that there is insufficient room to actually get on and build it up. So a solution had to be found.

I have enough room to move the chassis to the front of the garage and work on the diff under the chain winch however with the front end built up there was no way I could shift the chassis. Until the logical approach dawned on me (it does some times!)

After cleaning off a couple of the donor wheels which are stored under a tarp in the garden I fitted them to the front and lo a wheel barrow!


I was then able to lift and drag the chassis back by 1 meter to give me the extra space I needed. The next logical thought has dawned and I may turn the chassis round so that I don't have to shift the completed axle to the other end of the garage. This will also allow me to shine lasers
onto the garage door to set up the thrust etc.

There will be a bit more of a break now as I'm out of garage time for a bit. Oh and the new thrust washers turned up, much better!

2 comments:

STR said...

Andy, that has to be the most expenive wheelbarrow I've ever seen! - and probably the heaviest! - It also seems to have a hole where you put stuff???

Andy said...

Ah, tis not finished yet, wait a few years and all will become clear!!