How it works.


I cannot promise this will always be the latest information , but when things are slack in the garage Ill post up what I can.

Saturday, 3 October 2009

Moly applied.

With a little time available I pressed on and applied the Molybdenum Disulphide spray.

Everything was cleaned thoroughly to remove traces of oil / grease etc and makes off the make sure areas which didn't want to be sprayed were not.

In the bellhousing I sprayed the input shaft outer tube, input shaft and pilot bearing shaft. Also I gave the top of the fork pivot a coat to help things there.

Other parts coated were the reverse side of the release bearing, rotating section of the release bearing where it touches the diaphragm springs and the inner bore of the release bearing.

The clutch fork in the pivot area and the tips were it bears on the release bearing.

Hopefully this will keep things moving well for sometime.

All that remains to be done now is to wait for the coating to cure, 3 + hours, and burnish lightly with a lint free cloth to improve the surface finish.

One final job I did tonight was to fill the diff with oil, been meaning to do this for a while so now its done. I jacked the rear up and spun the wheels round to get the oil moving in the diff, its been sat for quite a while now.